After you place your order with Massage Brand, we will process your order. Once one of our representatives processes your order your order will be in “Complete” status. Note: Exams are immediately available within your account regardless of if you already own your material, the material is shipped to you, or you have a fully online course.
Courses that are mailed:
Our fulfillment center partners then will ship your physical books right to you. Once you receive your shipment you will then have the material that goes along with your online exam.
Any course that states “fully online”, you will have access to your material and exams immediately upon ordering as nothing would be mailed to you.
Basically, once you place your order you can instantly access your exam and we process your physical order as soon as possible, if applicable.
–If you selected our normal “Mail” option, then you will receive your physical book in the mail, and then take the exam online. All exams are online. We do use various third party vendors for book sales and different shipping methods depending on your location, so that we can get it to you as soon as possible. Some locations may take up to 14 business days to receive your physical book(s).
–If you selected the “Exam Only” option, then nothing is mailed to you. You will have access immediately to the online exam. By selecting this option you are indicating that you have access to the material; already own the material physically or digitally such as by Kindle, Nook, eBook or Audio Book.
When you are ready to take your online exam, you will log into your MassageBrand account and click on “Courses and Exams”. We allow one year from your date of purchase (365 days) to complete the online exam. You will find the course and exam you would like to start. You will have access to a downloadable PDF file of the exam questions for you to print or view prior to taking the online exam. None of your answers are saved on the online exam.
If you pass with a 70% or greater, you will receive a certificate immediately upon passing. This certificate is stored in your account as well as a copy is emailed to you.
We are Massage Brand by Edu Member, Inc. We are approved and accepted by most states and organizations including, but not limited to:
NCBTMB Approved Provider 1572
New York State Approved CE Sponsor #48
Florida Approved Provider 50-24784
Georgia Approved Provider 50-24784
Louisiana Board Approved Provider LAP250
Alabama Board Approved
Texas Board Approved CE Provider CE2006
Note: This particular course may or may not be approved or accepted for your state, so please be sure that you know your requirements prior to ordering. Please DO NOT rely upon the “course search” as everything may not search correctly based on the number of filters you have chosen. To view your exact renewal requirements please go to: https://www.massagebrand.com/massage/ce/
Here is a brief tip guide regarding our online/home study courses (note this list is abbreviated and does not list every state nor every requirement):
- Arizona – Massage Related Courses Only
- Arkansas – Non-Technique Courses Only
- Georgia – No Cupping, Aromatherapy, Asian Bodywork, Craniosacral or Shiatsu
- Idaho – No Reflexology or Asian Bodywork
- Louisiana – Only LA Approved Courses (please visit our LA page here)
- Maryland – No Business or Marketing and courses must be massage related
- Mississippi – None of our courses as we have not sought approval
- Nebraska – Only Ethics Courses – No Others allowed
- New Hampshire – No Reflexology and a limit of 3 hrs in Business
- New Jersey – No courses solely on business
- New Mexico – Non-Technique Courses Only
- North Carolina – Massage Related and a maximum of 8 hrs in Business Management
- Oregon – No Ethics courses online
- Pennsylvania – No office or practice building. Our child abuse WILL NOT count toward your child abuse requirement.
- Texas – Non-Technique Courses Only
- NY – No appearance enhancing, aromatherapy, marketing, business, nor our infant massage
- For those who need some or all of their hours in a live, in person, classroom, or contact hours format: Our courses will not be accepted to satisfy those “live” hours as all of our courses are considered online, home study or distance learning.
We do our best to provide current and accurate information, but it is your responsibility to:
- Make sure to verify all of your state requirements, information and CE hours required by your licensing board, prior to ordering.
- Know what you need to renew your license as well as the courses you can and cannot take with us.
- For renewal(s), it is your responsibility to submit credits directly to your state board or renewing entity in order to get credit, as this is not Massage Brand’s responsibility. The only exception to this is for the following states: Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana
- The information on this page is based on a state level. You need to check your local municipality, including city and county regulations as they may have specific requirements for licensing, renewing and continuing education.
- Regulations and laws frequently change. While we do our best to keep everything on this page current, information may have changed. If you see any errors, please contact us so that we may correct the information listed above.
All of our courses (unless otherwise noted) can be used for your National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) recertification. You may also use any of our continuing education courses for renewal with massage organizations including AMTA (American Massage Therapy Association) and ABMP (Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals).
Massage Brand by Edu Member, Inc. is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. Provider Number 1572